SPRING AND SUMMER 2021 INFORMATION
We are excited to open the Heldeberg Workshop this spring and summer for classes! Spring classes will begin April 18 and will be on weekend days (usually Sundays) in the afternoon. Summer classes will begin on July 12 and run through August 20. Classes run each day from 9 am to 12 pm.
Class schedules and registration will open in mid-March. Be on the lookout for our email. Classes are limited this year.
Based on the feedback we received from the survey we sent out, along with CDC and State guidelines, we have made the following plans for Summer 2021 classes:
- We will be offering a reduced number of classes each week, and at this time we are planning for each class to have a maximum of 8 students.
- We will be maintaining the recommended physical distancing between people whenever possible.
- All staff, teachers, and students wear masks at all times (except for mask breaks).
- We will have at least five hand washing stations serving at least seven outhouses throughout the Workshop. Hand sanitizer will be provided as well.
- Students will be asked to bring their own snack and drink; there will be no sharing of snacks/drinks.
- Due to capacity limits on busing as a result of COVID-19, we will not provide buses this year. We regret the inconvenience.
- Daily health attestations will be required of all students, staff, and teachers.
- Shared supplies and equipment will be reduced as much as possible, with items being assigned to individual students. If materials are shared, students will use hand sanitizer after touching shared supplies. Any shared supply that can be sanitized will be sanitized between students.
- Students may be asked to bring in basic class supplies (if possible), including crayons, scissors, etc. so that we can reduce shared supplies.
- We will not have open houses this summer.
- For drop-off and pick-up, parents/guardians will remain in cars and drive to the top of the driveway traffic circle. Workshop staff will assist students to get to and from classes.
- For pick-up, families will be assigned car numbers. As cars come to the top of the driveway traffic circle, students will come to the car loading area for dismissal.
- Only authorized adults will be allowed to pick up students.
- These plans are subject to change based on future guidance from CDC and the State.